There are some products that are theoretically designed for children but have clearly been made with parents in mind. In the spirit of togetherness and supporting our fellow parents, we’ve compiled our list of the top 10 products to buy that parent that seemingly has everything…. Because we could all do with a little extra help sometimes.
10. Milestones are challenging but that doesn’t mean they can’t be fun. If your kid needs a little extra encouragement when it comes to their growing independence, fun gadgets can go a long way. This Sonic Children’s Toothbrush comes with LED lights that change colour as you brush. It’s a great way to keep children focused while the size and shape is ideal to help support brushing. The in-built timer gives kids a goal to make brushing fun while the lights flash through every colour of the rainbow.
9. Sometimes it’s the little details that go a long way. When your child is learning new skills such as potty training, it’s essential to have everything in place before you begin so that they have clear guidelines and all the tools to support them. A foot stool is cheap, cheerful and very handy, helping kids reach the sink and wash their hands after using the loo or brush their teeth. JoJo Maman Bébé sell a lovely range of step stools, including a deluxe option and a step option with storage.
8. Even the best of us face the storage space challenge when we have children. It’s important to invest in products that save space with a functional design but also feature attractive aesthetics. While it’s not as easy as it sounds, we love this Cosatto Changing Station. A unisex colour scheme means it can be used time and time again, while a comfy padded changing mattress promises the best comfort for your baby. Storage trays for towels, nappies, bits and bobs mean that all the essentials are close to hand. There’s even a bath with a drainage tube for easy clean-up.
7. No, onesies aren’t just for lazy days when all you want to do is stay in your comfies. These Bodysuit Extenders from Honey Bunny and Bear are super-practical. They extend the life of your baby’s clothes by up to three months by snapping onto bodysuits to extend the size. It’s very handy and saves lots of money in the long run. As a durable product, each extender is handmade using cotton flannel fabric, nickel free snaps and polyester threads to be kind to baby’s skin. The variety pack includes three sizes that are compatible with all major clothing brands.
6. Kids are very fast learners but they can also become discouraged very easily. Learning to drink for themselves from their own sippy cup is a great skill. However, most parents will be familiar with the frustration when your child is constantly dropping their cup. With the Sippy Cup Strap that fits on the pushchair, car seat or shopping trolley, this frustration becomes a thing of the past.
5. As potty-training experts, we are also fully versed in toileting challenges of the younger years. While we have many fond memories of the baby period, our young sons having accidents when ‘let loose’ are not among them! That’s why we would highly recommend Pee Pee Teepees to all parents of baby boys. These “cover-ups” ensure that there are no accidents during nappy changes. Made from 100% cotton and with a gorgeous powder blue pattern sprinkled with aeroplanes, they make a grubby job extremely attractive.
4. Safety comes first when it comes to parenting and there’s nothing quite like the first few months after your toddler starts tottering. When they instantly gain access to a whole new world, curiosity can easily lead to accidents. It can be tricky to know exactly what to buy but this Babydan Safety Starter Set from Safetots does all the thinking for you. Including eight plug socket covers, six locks for cupboard or drawer and a finger safe door stopper.
3. Another household feature that becomes extremely hazardous when kids start walking are the stairs. Yet stair gates can be extremely clunky and take up far too much space. That’s why the Retract-a-Gate is such a great invention. Built to the highest safety standards, it automatically winds back into a small roll when it’s not needed. It can be fastened with a childproof lock and is super quick to build and take down. Suitable for children aged 6-24 months, it can also be used outdoors
2. The most useful parenting tools don’t always need to be focused on the practical. We adore this Melissa and Doug Stack and Count Parking Garage which provides hours of entertainment. Kids can stack the cars to their heart’s content inside the gated parking tower or play with cars as a standalone toy. This is also a great educational toy that helps children learn early maths skills as well as how to sort and match.
1. Last but not least, the Family Seat is every savvy parent’s BFF. Potty training can be messy, inconvenient and very disruptive for the whole family when you haven’t planned ahead. By installing a Talia Family Seat, all members of the family can use this easy potty-training solution without any disruption. The Family Seat comes complete with an integrated child seat platform, which is held discreetly in the lid (by magnets) when not in use. The Soft Close mechanism protects little fingers and the seat is very easy to clean with no storage or additional handling. Every seat comes with a 10-year guarantee too, for your total peace of mind. Potty training never looked so good!